Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The Road


During its short few days of “fall”, the Dempster Highway is one of the 7 natural wonders of the world.  Rather than seek our own words, we are turning to Robert Frost for our narrative and posting a few extra pictures this week.  After all, a picture can be worth a 1,000 words!


The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost
 


 Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,   
And sorry I could not travel both              
And be one traveler, long I stood             
And looked down one as far as I could  
To where it bent in the undergrowth;          
Then took the other, as just as fair,    
               

    

And having perhaps the better claim,    
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there     
Had worn them really about the same, 




And both that morning equally lay         
In leaves no step had trodden black.      
Oh, I kept the first for another day!        
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.






I shall be telling this with a sigh 
Somewhere ages and ages hence:          
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I— 
I took the one less traveled by,  
And that has made all the difference.  






               
Posted from Dawson City, Yukon






No comments:

Post a Comment